Sunday, April 1, 2012
Week 1-Ready for Summer Challenge
So I jumped on board a little late. I didn't start my challenge until Thursday March 29th. I also didn't understand that I was to break my LARGE goal into smaller ones. This week I've got it. Hey be patient with me, last week I was missing my man and my five kiddos had cabin fever. :-)
Week 1 (actually ends Thur.)
1. Weight loss goal- at this point I haven't seen the scales move, but that's ok.
I know I'm on the right path.
2. Non-scale goal- Those jeans I talked about....I got them on, but needless to say they weren't the most comfortable pants I own. My husband wanted me to wear them on our date last night, but I knew since we were eating that I better not (hahahaha). So I'm still hoping in the next 9 weeks to be able to fit into them comfortably, properly.
3. Nutrition goal- I did eat veggies everyday. It was wonderful. I don't think I got a fruit everyday and there were days I didn't get my water intake up to par. However, I've had a very "clean eating" week so I'm really happy.
4. Exercise goal- I only did one Kettlebell workout so far, but yesterday I had a WONDERFUl trail run/partial hike with my trainer and friend Leslie. I felt so alive. It was hard and at one point my heart was beating so hard that it actually hurt. 96 steps, technical trail run, jogging on the road, I did a little of several things and it felt wonderful.
***Mini-challenge***- I did enjoy a veggie I had never tasted before. A friend of mine has two kids with celiac disease and she shared this recipe with me. "Spaghetti Pie" uses spaghetti squash instead of pasta. The recipe is SOOOO easy. Cook the spaghetti squash by cutting it in half. Place it face down in a 9 X 13 with just a little bit of water in the bottom. 350F for approx. 35-40 minutes. Let it cool down. Scoop out the seeds and yucky stuff. Then scrape the strands from around the side and put it in a bowl. Set aside. Beat 1 egg in a seperate bowl. Combine egg, squash and LOTS of parmesean cheese. After mixing that use it as the pie crust. Press it into a pie plate. Then put a layer of ricotta cheese. Ground beef can come next (if you want meat). Ground turkey would work or eggplant or lots of mushrooms. Then sauce (can be gluten free to make it a true gf dish). Top with FRESH mozzarella. You can use cheddar also. Bake it at 350 for 50 minutes or until set. YUMMO!!! We WILL be using spaghetti squash again.
So week 2....starts on Thursday. I'm linking up today though so I can be a part of the group challenge. Here are my new goals.
1. Weight goal- To lose 2 pounds this week. So by Thursday the 12th I should have lost at LEAST 2 pounds.
2. Non-scale goal- Try on those blasted jeans :-). See if I can make it an hour and still breathe...hehehehe
3. Nutrition goal- Keep working on WATER!!! Join a CSA and get ready for SUMMER veggies.
4. Exercise goal- In addition to my 2X week workout with my trainer/class I want to add one day of jogging/walking or hiking. I hope to maintain this schedule.
Mini-Challenge- I'm gonna see if I can attend a yoga class or Zumba class with a friend of mine, as a guest at her gym.
Keep on keeping on friends. Have a great day. Summer will be here before you know it.