Sunday, April 15, 2012

Changing "Brackets"

I know many people think that the BMI, BMR, recommended weight charts are not accurate.  I honestly haven't studied them enough to know the truth.  My doctor has never really given me a target range, because I've never really discussed weight loss with him.  I have had target ranges before when using Weight Watchers (which I'm considering again).  Just recently I was given a projected "healthy" weight based on my height by the program Wii Fit. 

So based upon the current BMI standards I am no longer considered "Morbidly Obese".  This is a happy thought for me.  I have lost enough weight to help my body become more healthy.  68 pounds has helped to increase my life span, and give me a chance at a fully-lived life.  I'm still obese.  I won't be out of that range for many more pounds, but I'm so much farther than I was a year ago. 

One choice at a time.  One workout at a time.  One inch at a time.  One pound at a time.  One day at a time.  One moment at a time.  All of this is making a difference in this ONE life that I have been given, this one body that's mine.  I'm so grateful that the eyes of my heart have been opened and that I'll never be the same.  Knowledge brings life and my life is being transformed by the renewing of my mind.  I'm learning how I was supposed to be living all along.  I CAN live, move and have my being in Him.  I was made to do so. 

Have a great weekend sweet friends.

1 comment: