Thursday, April 12, 2012
Checking in for Week 2
So Week 2 of the Ready for Summer Challenge came and went and I'm here to check in with everyone to stay accountable and to keep on keeping on with this journey towards health, wholeness and FREEDOM!!!
1. Weight Loss Goal: I had hoped that the scale would say 218 by today and.....drum roll........THEY DID!!! Yeah that's a total of 68 pounds down and I'm feeling great. I'm not even half way there, but I'm so much closer than I was a year ago. I'm so close to 200 I can taste it, and that's a good feeling. I haven't been below 200 since 2001. Oh by summer....
2. Non-Scale Goal: The size 18 jeans. They slip on a little easier. They zip up fairly comfortably, BUT there's the dreaded hang over, muffin top, roll thing going on so I'm not going to wear them until I'm comfortable. I'm thinking another 10 pounds or more.
3. Nutrition Goal: I've investigated some different CSA options and think I've landed upon one that I want to join. I needed to wait until next paycheck to put down our deposit. Today though we did purchase our first flat of "fresh" strawberries. YUMMO!!! I couldn't keep the kiddos out of them.
4. Exercise Goal: So I did get in my 2x workouts with my trainer/class AND here's the kicker. I went for my run last Saturday. I have been trail running now for a couple of months. There really aren't enough words to describe it. I LOVE it! So Leslie took me on this new trail. Please keep in mind I've never run more than 3.1 miles. I've WALKED more than 3.1, but never run over that distance. Saturday I ran 5.5 miles in 1 hour and 25 minutes. I was STOKED.
Now onto goals for Week 3 of the Challenge. I'm gonna have to mix it up on this non-scale goal. Also the Nutrition category is a little tough for me.
1. Weight Loss Goal: I'm gonna really step this one up. I'm determined to see a change in the numbers. I want to make it to "one-der land" so bad I hurt. Setting the bar high here and saying that by 4/19/2012 I would like to have lost another 2 pounds.
2. Non-scale Goal: To take my measurements. I haven't done it in several months. Oh, and I'm going to visit the chiropractor AND schedule a massage for myself. This tired momma needs some HELP!
3. Nutrition Goal: I'm going to plan my meals for a week in advance. I'm going to write them in a journal and follow them (even snacks).
4. Exercise Goal: I have a "Tribal Run 5K" podcast on my Ipod shuffle. It is 155 BPM. I'm gonna see how long I can run to that pace and keep training myself for my next race (5/12/12).
Nathan and I are headed out of town for a night and I'm always a little anxious about making wise choices when away. So happy, healthy thoughts and prayers are needed. Thanks friends.