Thursday, March 29, 2012

Joining the "Ready for Summer Challenge"

So I have a new "friend" and follower.  She just recently mentioned a challenge in one of her posts.  I thought it might be a good idea for me to join.  Feel free to come along and let's ALL get ready for SUMMER.

I'm a few days behind.  The challenge started Monday March 25th.  I'm not discouraged though.  I'll link up on Sundays as required but count my weeks from Thursday to Thursday.  10 weeks to grow, change, become more fit and see those numbers moving on down.  Four areas where I can really focus. These focus areas are as follows: Weight loss goal, Non scale goal, Exercise goal, Nutrition goal.  Each week there will be a "mini challenge" that is completely optional.

So here are my four goals for this challenge. 
1.  Weight loss goal:  18 pounds
2.  Non scale goal:  Fit into a size 18 jeans that I bought from the store and they currently don't fit.  This is down from squeezing myself into a 26.
3.  Exercise goal:  Run another 5K (on May 12th) and do it in 38 minutes or less.  This will be my second 5K and cutting four minutes off my previous time.
4.  Nutrition goal:  Drink at least 64 oz. of water daily and eat at least one fruit and veggie daily.

WOW!  Those might have been a bit ambitious, but hey that's what a challenge is for, huh????  For those of you thight might be reading this for the first time as of this morning the scales said 220.  That's 65.6 pounds since Oct. 31, 2010.  Slow going, but oh so worth it.  I really started seeing the weight drop off after I FULLY committed myself in late Sept. 2011.  I haven't been below 200 pounds since 2001 (my first child was born that year).  I'm currently within 10 pounds of my wedding weight.  I have seen weight loss success one other time in my adult life.  Before I got pregnant with Joseph I went from 225 to 180.    So, at this point in my journey I've lost more weight at one time than I ever have.  I've lost LITERALLY one of my children.  :-).  My daugther weighs 62 pounds.  So odd to think of trying to put her on my back and run a 5K.  I can hardly remember what it felt like to have that weight on my body.  I can't imagine what it would feel like to lose another 62 pounds.  AMAZING!!!

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend.  Blessings to you ALL!!!







1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you could join our challenge Janelle! Great to have you. :) I think your goals are good!

    ReplyDelete