Sunday, March 11, 2012

Made to Crave

I'm on my second read through of Lysa Terkeurst's book "Made to Crave".  It has been very challenging, humorous and informational.  I would LOVE to attend a Made to Crave study.  Maybe our LIFE group ladies will form one soon????  I want to leave you with a few thoughts from the book.

"Getting healthy isn't just about losing weight.  It's not limited to adjusting our diet and hoping for good physical results.  It's about recalibrating our souls so that we want to change-spiritually, physically, and mentally.  And the battle really is in all three areas."

"We consume what we think about.  And what we think about can consume us if we're not careful. And what we're craving will always depend on whatever we're consuming...the object of our desire or God and His truth."

"Accountability is crucial"

"We were made for more than this.  More than this failure, more than this cycle, more than being ruled by taste buds.  We were made for victory.  Sometimes we just have to find our way to that truth."

Have a blessed day my sweet friends and thanks for stopping by on this part of my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment