Here are "Seven Truths to Think About" by Gus Prosch Jr., MD (obesity specialist in Birmingham, AL-deceased in 2005).
- If you're obese, you have a lifetime disease.
- Your metabolic processes will always tend to be abnormal.
- You cannot eat what others eat and stay thin.
- Anyone can lose weight and stay slim provided the causes of weight gain are determined, addressed, and corrected.
- Understanding insulin metabolism is the key to losing weight intelligently.
- There is absolutely no physiological requirement for sugar or processed foods in your diet.
- You must address all the contributing factors causing obesity.
I'm looking forward to reading this book (I'm just in chapter 1). I'm also looking forward to finally getting below 200 pounds and staying there the REST of my life. I'm so close....this morning the scale said 208.5. YEAH!!!