Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Insanity

Most of you are probably familiar with the "definition" of insanity that says "doing the same thing but expecting different results." Sometimes I feel as if I have been insane in many areas of my life.  Obviously I didn't get to 285.6 overnight.  Lately, I have been really wondering...how did I get there?  How am I going to find my way back to "healthy"?  I want to dig deeper.  I want to change the things that haven't worked and to embrace reality.  I want to view ALL areas of my life with the clear lens of godly counsel, the Word of God, and truth, not fear.

I have been a part of a program, Celebrate Recovery, for 6 1/2 years.  This program is loosely based on the 12-steps of AA.  There is a step that says "We came to believe that a power greater than us could restore us to sanity".  That higher power IS Jesus Christ.  He is restoring me to sanity.  I feel as if I've made big strides when it comes to fitness, exercise, health and accountability.  I still struggle though with food choices, organization, shopping, cooking, attitudes that surround food, and consistent losing of pounds.  I tend to be more up and down than I would like.  I want to come to full realization of negative patterns, behaviors and habits that are holding me back and keeping me from succeeding.  I am praying for pure motives and a clean heart.  I don't want to lose a pound if it is replaced with pride.

So I journey on, daily praying for revelation, willpower, strength to get to the next phase of my journey.  I keep pressing on to the prize.  I started a group on Facebook called the Phil. 3:14 posse to support each other in weight loss/fitness goals.  Phil 3:14 in the New Living Translation says "I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us."  It has been great to meet new women and to connect with others who are on a journey towards health/wholeness/freedom/weight loss. 

I want to be healthy, whole, thinner, sane and joyful.  I have big dreams, but I have an even bigger GOD!!!

Fat 2 Fit by FAITH.  Ok...there's also a lot of hard work involved too, BUT I can only do it by faith.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment