Saturday, May 5, 2012

Things That Make Me Go Hmmmmm.....

So today is Cinco De Mayo.  This is a holiday that has to do with the Mexicans unlikely victory over the French army in the Battle of Puebla.  It is NOT the Mexican Independence day.  Why do we as Americans celebrate this day?  I think it's because people are looking for a justification to eat their weight in chips and salsa and wash it all down with a margarita or two.

Why do "we" ok...I, often feel the need to celebrate life's experiences with food?  Good, bad, happy, sad it's food related.  When did I cross the line from moderation to excess?  A taste of birthday cake isn't wrong, but a plate fully loaded with carbs and THEN a piece of cake with ice cream-SHEESH.....that's gluttony, plain and simple.

Mother's Day is coming up and I will be celebrating it by running my second 5K on Sat. the 12th with my brother, sis-in-law, dad, and three oldest kids.  I want to start celebrating life with LIFE, not with sugary food that make you feel bloated and yucky. 

One year using Wii Fit Plus.  I'm down 57.4 pounds.  Since I started this journey I'm down 69.8 pounds.  I'm losing myself and loving it!!!

Words that have more meaning to me these days....moderation, balance, control, pace and peace. 

Have a blessed day and thanks for reading my random thoughts.  I'm gonna celebrate Cinco De Mayo by doing 30 minutes of steps and going for a short run (granted the rain holds off for a bit).

No comments:

Post a Comment