Sunday, January 22, 2012

Training for this 5K

So I've been using the C25K program aka Couch 25K (app) on my Droid.  It's been really helpful and I've risen to the challenge more successfully than I orginally thought.  However, the time to my first race is short, so I've had to skip some of the days.  Yesterday I did Wk. 4 day 1.  I'm hoping to figure out a way to post my stats on this blog. 

My first race will be on February 11, 2012 here in Black Mountain, NC.  My Valentine and my sweet kiddos will be there to watch me start AND finish.  I'm fully aware that I may be the last one across the line, but I WILL CROSS that line.  My personal goal is to walk/jog this race in less than 45 minutes. 

Yesterday it was rainy and dreary.  Nathan and I sang at the funeral of a dear friend.  I was a little sad and preoccupied.  I was looking for an excuse not to run, but my loving, supportive husband helped me see that running was the best thing for me.  I went and ran part of the 5K route.  It was good, just what I needed.

20 days until my race.  20 days to prepare myself physcially and mentally.  After my race Nathan said he would take me to eat and I think we are going to get away for a night or two.  Isn't that the best ever????

Here's the link to C25K http://www.c25k.com/.  Let me know how it works for you.  If you have any suggestions on becoming a runner let me know.  I'm open :-)

1 comment:

  1. Janelle,
    I did to c25k program in the fall of 2010. I NEVER dreamed I would be a 'runner', but here I am, out jogging 2 miles everyday and loving it! I lost 20 pounds once I started jogging 6 days a week and it's almost been a year that those 20 pounds have stayed off.
    I think you are amazing with your determination and perseverance. Keep it up! It will be worth it!
    ~Sunny

    ReplyDelete