Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Free to Celebrate

A ten day journey starts today.  I've decided to try the Summer cleanse that Jordan S. Rubin recommends in the Maker's Diet for Weight Loss.  It isn't going to be too difficult.  Full of fruits and veggies that I LOVE, I should be just fine.  Before I embark on my cleanse though I must say aloha, shalom, goodbye to my dear sweet Java.  Our reunion in 10 days will be a sweet time of dark, aromatic goodness. 

Throughout the next week and a half I will be eating strawberries, grapes, pineapple, peaches, cherries, blueberries, papaya, mango, watermelon, raspberries, apples and salads with fresh veggies and raw seeds.  Also further into the journey I will eat whole milk plain yogurt (if I can find some).  I am using this route, path, journey to help me navigate my way to ONEDERLAND!!! 

Lately I've been feeling stuck where I am.  Bloated, frustrated and ready for the next level, I'm excited to see how this journey will end.  The scales said 207.5 this morning.  Prayerfully in the month of July the scales will say 199.

For my American reading friends have a Happy 4th of July.  Today I'm celebrating our country's independence, AND my freedom from food.  I no longer feel addicted, completely dependent upon and consumed by thoughts of my next meal.  Food is just fuel and for that I'm so grateful.  So...as many of you will be eating hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad, I will be celebrating alongside of you with my GRAPES.  Today, that's all I get to eat, grapes.  Yes, I could have waited until tomorrow to start, but what if tomorrow turned into the day after tomorrow, and then the day after.....I want to lose weight today AND tomorrow AND the next day.  Too much ground has been covered to turn back now.  As the saying goes "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels".  Skinny isn't a possibility for me, but healthy IS!!!

Thanks as always for reading.  Leave me a comment, and today enjoy your FREEDOM!  

No comments:

Post a Comment