Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Running

You couldn't convince me that I would ever be a runner. To tell you the truth I'm not sure that I still qualify as a runner. I jog. Being fast will never be an issue for me. I'm not looking for my next "PR". I don't belong to a running group or have the latest gear. However, I have discovered the gift of moving my body in a rhythm outside in God's creation. The freedom, joy and peace that comes when walking/jogging/running is empowering, liberating and worth celebrating.

I found this song a while back and I want to share it with you. I have spent most of my adult life dealing with anxiety, fear and shame. Running from things and avoiding confrontation was a way of life. Facing my "stuff" head on wasn't something I embraced until 2005 when I was introduced to a ministry called Celebrate Recovery. So this song is about my new way of viewing life. I'm not running from, I'm running TO something. I'm running toward my loving father.

Be blessed as you learn the joy of running (whether literally or spiritually or BOTH)!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8MIz0FYvAU

No comments:

Post a Comment