Friday, November 26, 2010

"Let's Start at the Very Beginning"

"A very good place to start..."

This post is going to be lenghty but hang in there. I have struggled with my weight my ENTIRE life. As long as I can remember and even chronicled through photos of my past I have been "chubby" or some variation of overweight. Maybe I'll share some of those "cute fat kid" photos :-).

I am going to be BRUTALLY honest in this blog. Honestly, what do I have to lose? (Except a LOT of weight...lol) When I married Nathan on May 20, 1995 I was 210 pounds. So fifteen years and 5 kids later on Oct. 31, 2010 (when I finally made up my mind to start this journey), I weighed in at 285. YIKES. How does that happen???

You know I've been on a journey my whole life. It's not as if I'm staring a new journey. I'm just choosing to walk a different direction. This isn't going to change who I am in the eyes of Christ which is my TRUE identity. This transformation process is simply going to bring me closer to the reality of my eternal home and allow me to be ALL that God created me to be. John 10:10 (New Living Translation) says" The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life." That's my desire to have a RICH AND SATISFYING LIFE. Please don't mistake what I'm saying here. I don't think that when I hit some "magical" number on a scale that instantly the heavens will part, the angels will sing and I will have ARRIVED!!! I am blessed beyond measure. I have a wonderful life and I am grateful, but I know there is more for me. Christ wants ALL of me. He wants me to be FREE and HEALTHY!!!

Here's a new favorite song of mine. I think it is going to be my "theme song" for this next phase of my life. Check it out "Daring to Be" by Natalie Grant


In the next post I'll tell you about how I came to start this new path on my life's journey and share some photos. Until then...

I'm not who I was and not yet who I will be...

Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment